Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Liberty

on December 29th I went to my doctors appointment to have my membranes stripped and to my surprise the doctor was unable to strip the membranes. The doctor told me that my cervix was too high and that I might have to have a c-section. ( this was not my regular doctor.) As Alex and I left the office I was in tears. I did not know what to do. I defiantly did not want to have a c-section. So I made an appointment to see my regular doctor on Thursday January 5th to have my doctor check me and to see if I was able to go in for my scheduled induction. It turned out that my cervix was still to high and I had not dilated but was 75% effaced. so My induction was cancelled. It was a hard day. Our families had scheduled time off to be with us on the 6th so they could be here for the birth of Liberty. My family was still up here and wanted to spend time with us. on Friday the 6th Alex went to work to get things done, While Addie and I went with my family to Hill Air force Base. we went to the airplane museum and had a great time. We went to several stores on the base. Addie stayed all weekend with my family. she was on "vacation"
On Saturday we all went tot he mall and looked around. We walked around for about an hour or 2. then we ha dinner and hung out at our place for a few hours.
On Sunday I woke up with sharp pains in my back and they continued in my back and never did go to my stomach. With the contractions be consistent and every few minutes Alex decided to take me to the hospital. We drove to Mckay-Dee hospital which is about 20 minutes away. we got there and they hooked me up to the monitors. they checked my cervix and they were not able to check my cervix because it was too high and it was very painful. The nurse told me that I might be 1 cm but was not able to know for sure. she told us to walk the halls for an hour and to walk like we were mall walkers. I did this for about an hour and was exhausted. The nurse checked again and said that i might be at 2 cm but was not sure. She told us that the doctors would not allow them to admit until 4 cm. so she told us to go home rock back and forth on an exercise ball while on all fours, walk because it seemed to help and on our way pout she told us she was there until 5 and would see us back later. I came home Alex called his family to tell them that Liberty would be coming later that day. When I got home I repainted my toes and did the exercise on the ball and them I danced to the Dance central game for 1 1/2 hours to get the baby coming. I waited until Alex family arrived and we went to the Ogden Mall to walk. we did 3 laps and was done after that.
we went back to the hospital and they checked me. I was at 5 cm. this was about 3:30. they admitted me put m on pitocin and told me I could wait for the epidural. I waited for 2 hours and decided it was time for the epidural.the epidural made my skin itch with this baby. They soon rechecked me and I was still at 5 cm. they continued to check and at 9:00 pm they said that I was finally at 10 cm and they were waiting for my Dr. to get to the hospital. She arrived and at 9:31 I started to push. It did not take long for Liberty to be here. she was born at 9:38. That's right only 7 minutes of pushing.
We were amazed that she came so quickly.
In the postpartum I was so hungry I ate fries and juice. The second I tasted the juice It made me sick. so I was only able to eat crackers.
i will post pictures of Liberty Anne Johnson soon. she was 7 lbs 11 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.

No comments:

slideshow

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones